You are here:

Collectibles-General (Antiques)/replacement cabinet doors


I have a 3 section Macey Barrister bookcase.  It is in good shape except it is missing 2 doors/glass.  The 2 sections that need doors say Macey 912 on the back wall of the cabinet. Do these numbers refer to the size of the section?  Is it possible to get 2 replacement doors. All the hardware is with the bookcase except the hardware to attach the 2 doors to the rod in each of the 2 sections

Nancy - I do not know where you can obtain just the doors. You should be able to have them made since you have one door to use as a pattern. Any missing hardware can be found at Rufkahrs at

Good uck.

Fred Taylor  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Fred Taylor


I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.


I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida

©2017 All rights reserved.