Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Sligh-Lowry desk: period and value

Question
front picture of desk
front picture of desk  

detail of handles
detail of handles  
My wife's grandfather owned this desk.  Can you tell me the vintage and the approximate value?  Is is a colletible of just another old desk?
Thank you
Eric

Answer
this is their interpretation of a knee hole style campaign desk popular in the 60s.  it does not have much intrinsic value but the associative value is priceless since it was family.

retail about 400.  all things are collectable to someone but this is not one that is sought after today but will be at some time in the future.  the company built good quality, a lost art these days.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein