Collectibles-General (Antiques)/antique dining room chair/cane bottom

Question
chair
chair  

side view
side view  
Hello,
I am not certain of what type of chair I have. I have researched some, but can not finding my chair. Please help, I have several pics.
Thank you
Debbie

Answer
Hi Debbie,

I'm not certain about what style chair this is if that's what you are looking for. But it is a newer reproduction high back chair with slats and a removable rush seat.

I can't tell from the pictures whether the seat is made from paper fibre rush or natural rush, but turning it over would give you the clues.

See my website Seatweaving FAQ page and scroll down to question #7 for pictures of both natural handtwisted rush seat and paper fibre.  http://www.WickerWoman.com/seatweaving-faq

And you might also want to take a look at the Pricing/Charges page and the "What is Paper Rush?" under the Articles tab.

Hope this helps and please visit my website where you will find tons of information on chair caning, rush, splint, wicker and more!

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

The Wicker WomanŽ-Cathryn Peters