Collectibles-General (Antiques)/antiques

red couch
red couch  

white couch
white couch  
I have several pieces of furniture My grandmother had saved because they were antiques to her, I have been thinking of selling, but now I have reconsidered and now would like to have restored.
 I have old wicker table and chair a keyhole chair, a old cane rocker (needing re-caned and two couches that may be  Duncan Phyfe. any suggestions?
Thank you in advance, Kim

If you are sure you're keeping all of it, by all means have it restored. It will cost as much as they are worth in this economy but in the long run, will go up in value down the road. Much depends on if the padding on the sofas would need to be replaced or just a little new added.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Anderson's Restorations-Rob Anderson

We can answer questions about wicker repair and restoration, chair seating[caning-rush-splint-danish cord] , brass and copper polishing, veneering and veneer repair. WE WILL NOT GIVE APPRAISALS or answer "WHATS IT WORTH" questions. If you want a value, contact us for our current costs for this service.

Just entered our 40th year doing this work. We started in Fl and have been in NC for the last 15 years. We have a web site where we have alot of information about us and a blog at where we have many before and after photos of our work.We also are experienced in Fiat Jolly Seats and other automobile seating and work on Horse Drawn Carriage pieces.

Past president of a historical museum

Antique Shoppe Newspaper, Yadkin Valley Living Magazine, Antique Lynks Newspaper

Seminole HS in Seminole FL class of 1965 and some college before entering service. US Army

Asked to demonstrate seat weaving at the NC Musuem of History, Paleigh, for 3 days. Demonstrated at the Mountain Heritage Festival, Sparta,NC.

Restoring 35 pieces of wicker for the Governors Mansion, Raleigh,NC paid through private funding.