Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Atlas Furniture Co. Bed Frame and Vanity

Double Bed Frame
Double Bed Frame  

Hello, I have a double (size) bed frame with matching vanity and stool. Each piece of furniture has a label from the manufacturer: American Walnut, Atlas Furniture Co, Jamestown NY. Each piece has a number.

The finish is burled black walnut veneer. The finish has some minor marks.

Could you please provide me with any information you have on this company and what you expect the current market value would be? I would like to sell these two pieces of furniture. I did see on another response on this web site said that this furniture maker was Atlas Furniture was formed in Jamestown, NY in 1883 by Swedish immigrant workers.

Thank you so much for your help.

these were made around 1910-20.

the tops and faces will be walnut veneer, the frames will be sweet gum and/or tulip poplar stained walnut with a water based stain.

Jamestown was a center for manufacturing furniture for a time.

here are links from my files.  if they do not work let me know.

you can do a google search as well which will give you some more but limited info.

a fair market value in a shop would be 750 fro the two pieces.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971