Collectibles-General (Antiques)/BR Suite Empire Mfg Rockford IL

Question
chest
chest  
dressing
dressing  
QUESTION: Photos attached of a spanish-style or Med-style bedroom set made by Empire Mfg of Rockford IL according to label inside chest drawer.  Was acquired in an estate sale over 45 years ago by my parents.  We would like to know the age, value and any relevant information.  We are not certain whether we should move from Ohio to Florida and refinish or just sell.

It consists of a headboard, footboard, side rails, slats and hardware for bed.  Also, one night stand, chest, dressing table, mirror and chair.

Since I may only upload two pictures I have attached the chest and dressing table and mirror.  Please let me know if and how to provide other pictures.

Your input would be helpful

ANSWER: i will only be able to assess what is pictured. you may post again with the rest of the set.

do not refinish.  if selling is your plan, sell it as is.

this is colonial revival style, made in the USA in the 1920s.  

it is better than average and the two pieces shown here would sell in
a shop retail at 500 each.

as to moving it that would depend on where in ohio and to where in florida.  prices vary around metro areas.

night stand
night stand  

Bed ensemble
Bed ensemble  
QUESTION: Here are other photos of the night stand and bed.  There is still the bench style seat for the dressing table that is not online.

Thank you.

Answer
another 500 for the bed.  the only thing that would hold back the bed price is few people buy double any more although i think they are great for guest rooms where thee goods sets wont get abused from everyday use.  stand 200.  add 125 for the bench.

repeat

this is much better than average.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein