Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Deutsch-Eck Corp Chair

Chair Photo
Chair Photo  

Hi there!

I recently happened upon a gorgeous chair produced by Deutsch-Eck Corp .  Can you please tell me when this was manufactured and how much it might be worth?  The wood is in good condition, although it does need to be reupholstered - the red in the photo has faded because of sun exposure.

Thank you in advance for your time and expertise.

made in the 1920s, and thanks for the extra pictures.  the info available on this company is very sparse but some is available online.  All the items they built that i have seen are done in the style you have.  very classy and ornate.  the tag does not have a zip code.  having a zip code would have put this in the 60s which is odd since they were to have close in the late 20s but then in the 60s did some contract for jackie o.  then jackie kennedy.

verry confusing.

retail should be around 650 in your area, minimum.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971