Collectibles-General (Antiques)/double pedestal dining table

picture 2
picture 2  
picture 1
picture 1  
QUESTION: I recently found a double pedestal dining table at the thrift store. I can't seem to find a stamp on it, and everything I find online is similar, but just not the same. The dimension of the table are 66" L x 44" W with an additional 16" leaf. I'm trying to find the year and the resale value of the table.

ANSWER: need to see the top thanks

table top 1
table top 1  

table top 2
table top 2  
QUESTION: Here's a couple pictures of the top of the table. Thank you!

This is a later version of this style.  1950s or as it is referred to-mid century.

cleaned up and waxed it should sell at 500 with chairs.

the wood in the pedestals is sweet gum but the top I cannot see the grain in the photos.
a closer pic of the top would help see the grain.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971