Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Empire style dresser

Empire dresser
Empire dresser  
Came across this at a Goodwill store. Appears to be in the Empire style. Has the door (hatbox?) and drawers as shown. Some of the veneer is missing from a drawer or two.
Wondering what the approximate age of this piece is, what it is called (if anything special or other than just a "dresser") and the approximate value.
Thanks for your time.

it is empire style often called empire oak which denotes that is was made 1900-1915/20.

hatbox.  not a dresser, it is a chest of drawers and probably had a mirror at one time.

veneer should not be hard to repair if the proper glue is used.

repaired and tight, drawers smooth it should sell in a shop at 350-400

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971