Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Empire style dresser

Question
Empire dresser
Empire dresser  
Came across this at a Goodwill store. Appears to be in the Empire style. Has the door (hatbox?) and drawers as shown. Some of the veneer is missing from a drawer or two.
Wondering what the approximate age of this piece is, what it is called (if anything special or other than just a "dresser") and the approximate value.
Thanks for your time.

Answer
it is empire style often called empire oak which denotes that is was made 1900-1915/20.

hatbox.  not a dresser, it is a chest of drawers and probably had a mirror at one time.

veneer should not be hard to repair if the proper glue is used.

repaired and tight, drawers smooth it should sell in a shop at 350-400

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein