Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Foot Locker

Foot Locker A
Foot Locker A  

Foot Locker B
Foot Locker B  
Robert,I am refinishing an old foot locker that looks like it may really have been through a war. It has a tremendous number of marks on it but I think that will give it tons of character when it is done.

I am looking for feedback on such pieces. I suspect there may not be much value in the piece but nonethless it seems to be extremely well made.

Also I cannot identify the wood. Initially I thought it was simple pine but after sanding the different colorations in the wood suggest that this is something pretty different. The distinct colorations in the end grain are amazing.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

closer picture of the front so i can see better

can send all to my email as attachments and include original question

we have been called on to restore some of these in the near and far past.
they do look good leaving all the distress in and on the wood.

awaiting pics  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971