Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Foot Locker

Question
Foot Locker A
Foot Locker A  

Foot Locker B
Foot Locker B  
Robert,I am refinishing an old foot locker that looks like it may really have been through a war. It has a tremendous number of marks on it but I think that will give it tons of character when it is done.

I am looking for feedback on such pieces. I suspect there may not be much value in the piece but nonethless it seems to be extremely well made.

Also I cannot identify the wood. Initially I thought it was simple pine but after sanding the different colorations in the wood suggest that this is something pretty different. The distinct colorations in the end grain are amazing.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Gary

Answer
closer picture of the front so i can see better

can send all to my email as attachments and include original question

we have been called on to restore some of these in the near and far past.
they do look good leaving all the distress in and on the wood.

awaiting pics  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein