Collectibles-General (Antiques)/German Kitchen Cupboard

German Pantry
German Pantry  

German pantry 2
German pantry 2  
I purchased this German Pantry for $200 in Las Vegas.  The owners bought it when he was stationed in Germany in 1970.  It was used.   I have all the measuring cups and it is in near perfect condition.  One of the back legs is broken but I have the original piece.  Also at some point someone replaced the counter area.  I would like to return it to it original state but I don't know what that is or if it is worth it.  I have searched endlessly for information about this with zero luck.  I am looking for history.  They listed it as Art Deco German Pantry.  I cannot find any info on google or anywhere on the internet.  Is it that rare.  Please help me.

This is not really rare or valuable, it is a mass produced cabinet in the art deco style, it looks like this was made between 1950 and 1970, but if you send me 2 photos of the back of the cabinet (top and bottom) I may be able to give you a more exact date of manufacture.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Michael Andrew Wilson

I will attempt to answer questions about European Antique Furniture and 20th Century Decorative arts and Design furniture, including 18th century & 19th century construction details, style, period and the craftsmen and manufactures that created them, I will also attempt to answer questions about buying European Antiques and how to become a expert collector, my speciality is French, Italian, English, Irish, Spanish, Belgium, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, German, and Swiss.

Since 1995, I have been, a professional art, antiques and design advisor and earned an unparalleled reputation for providing select clients: expertise in making informed purchase decisions for antiques and art acquisition from a wide range of categories and eras. Architects, interior designers, decorators, dealers, museums, collectors and private clients rely on me for a wide variety of services. I specialize in finding and facilitating the purchase of some of the most notable pieces in the market today. And because I know the market so well –including the secret locations where the world's best dealers purchase their stock – I are generally able to do this at a significant saving of both time and money. My service includes: creating collecting and acquisition strategy including organizing personally guided buying trips throughout the International art and antiques markets, pre-shopping research, sourcing, analysis of markets, documentation and expert appraisals, handling, shipping and delivery coordination. In short, everything my clients need to be assured of the most knowledgeable, reliable, and pleasurable sourcing, acquisition and collecting experience. My approach is to offer maximum transparency. You can visit my website at:

Moving to Paris in 1989, I worked, for five years as an Interior Design Project Manager for Polo Ralph Lauren where I helped to plan and open more than 60 Polo stores and showrooms across Europe and purchased antiques for one of Mr. Lauren's homes and as a result I oversaw the purchase of millions of dollars of Art & Antiques, this experience gave a unique qualifications to understand the complexities of this market and gives me a rare insight into the professional antique & art market. I also have taught “Furniture Design and Style” at the IESA (Institute Arts Superior) in Paris. and have a personal archive of over 170,000 photos of Furniture and 160 hours of video of the major European art and antiques fairs including: Paris’s Biennale des Antiquaires , Maastricht’s TAAF , and London’s Grosvenor House. Some of these videos can be see at:

I have a prestigious international clientele of noted business and entertainment figures as well as some of the word’s most important collectors, References are provided for serious enquires.