Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Headley & Farmer Antique Trunk

Trunk w/ inside
Trunk w/ inside  

Makers label
Makers label  
Hey my name is Kyle and I found this amazing trunk and was hoping you knew something about it. It's a Headley & Farmer Co trunk with original makers label that has another label that reads No. 10 under it.  It has the original inside which has a stamp that reads pat. March 29 1910. Original rope style handles on sides and H&F Co rivets on corners. I attached 2 pictures that's all it allowed but I have about ten if I can somehow send more.

Headley & Farmer made many styles of trunks from 1842 until about 1930. It's great that your trunk has the original label because many trunks don't have a label. The "No. 10" was probably the style or model number but I don't have any reference manuals or catalogs from that company for check that. Most trunk makers made a couple dozen or more models all the time. The trunk is probably a very high quality trunk because it appears to be lined with linen. I wish I could see more of the trunk so that I could tell you more about it.  Also, I would like to see where the patent date from 1910 is stamped so that I can try to find out what it is for.  I have information on many trunk patents but not that particular date and sometimes it helps to see what the patent date is on in order to do more research.  If you would like to send more pictures you can email them to me at  and I'll see what else I can tell you about the trunk.  It would help a lot to see some pictures of the whole exterior of the trunk that show the hardware, lock, sides, etc.  
Marvin Miller

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller

I can answer questions related to antique trunks, their age, manufacturers, styles, patents, etc, including all types of trunks such as steamer trunks, saratoga trunks, Victorian trunks, slat trunks, toy and doll trunks, stagecoach trunks, valises, hat trunks, and others.

I have over 40 years experience in trunk restoration, collecting, and research. I own the most extensive collection of historical documents, catalogs, maker's labels, cards, etc. related to antique trunks. I am always updating my inventory of historical documents and antique trunks.

Association of American Antique Trunk Restorers, President.

Primarily on the website Cotton & Quail Antiques newspaper (Southeast). Antique Journal magazine.

Bachelor of Arts from the University of Georgia. I have conducted extensive research related to the topic of trunk manufacturers and trunk styles in the U.S. and Europe.

Have consulted for the Pawn Stars TV show on antique trunks. I have sold antique trunks to museums in California and Florida and to customers around the world.