Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Late Grandmothers Antique Rocker...

Question
Rocker (Frnt/Sde)
Rocker (Frnt/Sde)  

Rocker -Markings
Rocker -Markings  
Hi!

I've got a rocking chair here from my grandmother who recently passed. I've been only able to identify that it's a platform rocker (by Googling & eBay comparisons), but not much else. I'd be grateful if you could help identify the chair, its’ approximate age or period, and possible origins.

Since I could only attach 2 here, I’ve sent additional pictures via eMail. Thanks in advance for your time and consideration!

Shanna

Answer
sorry you felt that politeness was lacking.  i will try to do better.  Thank you

it is a platform carpet rocker.  wood appears to be cherry but might have some sweet gum, maple and/or beech.  this would be a common combination.

manufactured around 1885 but determining the manufacturer would not be possible without a label as there were 5000 companies in operation.

retail after recovering with the heavier customary covering it would sell retail in a shop at 400

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein