Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Sligh-Lowery desk

We would like to know the value of this desk and about how old it is.
We are going to sell it but have no idea how much to ask.

this label was used in the late 40s into the late 50s.  it was in teh late 50s they were doing the painted furniture you have.

in pristine condition it would sell in a shop at 650 however there are condition issues here which will cut the price considerably.  consider 250 to be a good price for your sale.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971