Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Standardized Furniture, Grand Rapids, Michigan

Question
09292013
09292013  

09282013
09282013  
As I purchased these chairs through craigslist on impulse and sanded, painted and upholstered them to sell, I immediately regretted my decision.  They are so attractive; we are keeping them.

On the bottom of the chairs were two old fragile stickers: There was one that was an oval brownish sticker Stamped in Red with Standardized Furniture on top; in the Middle was No.________ (In pencil was written 65 or 68; on the bottom was stamped Grand Rapids, Michigan.  There was also a round Goldish embossed Sticker with Furniture name with a fancy SF in the middle.

As these stickers were glued on each of the at some point, one cannot assume its authenticity of the furniture.  The stickers are old and fragile.

What is the value and age of the chairs that I more than likely devalued and should I strip the paint off and begin again?

Answer
you didnt hurt anything too badly.  if they look good they are fine.  at one time they were part of a 1920s jacobean style dining room set.  now that they are down to two chairs as long as you did a good job all is well.

SF was for Standardized Furniture in Grand Rapids  labels are authentic.

might tape a piece of saran wrap over the labels, no tape on the labels but just to preserve them.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein