Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Wood wardrobe

Just purchased this wooden wardrobe.  I have no info on it. I paid $130 for it. The wood wheels were found inside the wardrobe.
Can you please give me an estimate of age and value?
Thank you.
I will email more pictures.

from the 1920s, probably european.  originally sat on a base rather than legs and had a crown that sat on the top.  no one would know that without seeing many of them before.

it looks good and you did well on the pricing.  a coat of wax would be good.  clear or brown briwax. after that and adding a base and crown it would sell at 450.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971