Collectibles-General (Antiques)/What it is

Question
Unknown Mills Slot
Unknown Mills Slot  
Hi dave! have an oddball Mills $.05 slot I can't find anything about. It has 'spearmint' in the top casting under the gooseneck and a owl in the top casting but a front that doesn't match a spearmint machine. I don't think it's a combination of two because of a owl in both the top and front panels. Additionally it has a Olympic style runners torch on the front. I can't find anything that's even close anywhere on the Net.
Ok, I give. What it it?????

Answer
The machine is a Mills Owl Gooseneck. Your machine was made in the mid to early 1920s.

It sometimes goes by the name of Torch Front.

Go to www.AntiqueSlotMachinePriceGuide.com and do a search for Torch Front and you should find the same machine.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

David Burritt