Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique table

I have a table just inherited with a label true Grand Rapids symbol  and I was wondering if it is worth anything. Thanks

some information from my files:

"The brass tag is the mark of a local trade association known as the Grand Rapids Furniture Makers Guild. The Grand Rapids Furniture Makers Guild was formed in 1931 to cooperatively market Grand Rapids products during the Depression. According to the book "Grand Rapids Furniture - The Story of America's Furniture City" by Christian Carron, published by the Public Museum of Grand Rapids, virtually every piece of furniture sold by a Guild dealer was registered by a number and marked with a special tag identifying it as "Guild Certified" and often had no other identification. Each tag was individually numbered--in fact they made a big deal about this in their ads--but the records of what those serial numbers meant or to which company they were assigned has been lost. "
end of quoted material.

The label was established and used starting in 1931 by members of the Furniture Makers Guild to verify or certify that the piece was truly made in Grand Rapids since Grand Rapids was the hub of furniture from around 1870-1930 and for the most part the hundreds of manufactures in the area over time built quality furniture, not all of course. Unfortunately the number on the label dictates the actual furniture company but there are no records available anywhere for compassion.

That being relayed, i would like a full view of the table, right side up so i may see the piece in whole.  Use the followup function so the thread will continue.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971