Collectibles-General (Antiques)/imperial grand rapids mitc. mahogany association inc. coffee table

Question
coffee table
coffee table  

inside the drawer
inside the drawer  
My grandma gave me a simple little coffee table and I was going to re-do it until I opened the drawer and saw an imperial grand rapids mitc. Logo on it and a mahogany association inc. Sticker with the number 123 on it. On the bottom the number 2008 is printed in bold black numbers. It is roughly 16.5 inches tall and roughly 38 by 20 inches wide. I've been trying to find out more about this table and was wondering if you could help. My main questions are what does the 123 stand for on the mahogany association sticker? How do I figure out when it was made? What does the number 2008 stand for? And just out of curiosity how much is it worth? It is in good condition just missing the handles for the drawer, i would also like to know what those handles look like.

Answer
mahogany association quit in the mid 1960s and no records have been discovered.  the number 123 would be the code for the manufacturer of the table, which in this instance is Imperial.

The MA sticker assures that the wood is mahogany or mahogany veneer and not another species stained mahogany color as was prevalent throughout the industry around 1900-1920s.

the 2008 number would be a catalog, inventory, style or color number that is proprietary to the company Imperial.

I cannot see the drawer front to tell if it is a single or double hole or if it is one pull or two.

please repost a picture of the drawer front and the bottom of the leg.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein