Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Singer Minature sewing machine, circa 1930

Have you information on Singer miniature sewing machines?  It measures ~7" long x 7" high x 3.5" wheel diameter, sits on a 2-1/2" pedestal that afixes to a table with a black iron/steel C-clamp.  It is black with the word "Singer" on the front and back and a gold oval emblem with inscription "The Singer Manfg. Co." and Trade Mark; the sewing plate is shiny metal, as are the thread spool holder, levers and tension setters.  I inherited it from my mother (1920-2009); she told me it was her childhood machine that she used to sew clothes for herself and her dolls.  Has it more value than for sentimentality or junk metal?

Hello Harvey,

I do have a few reference books for toy or miniature sewing machines.  The Singer Sewing Machine Co. made many different models, some only slightly different from others.
Can you please send me a few good photos of your machine?  This will help me to hopefully, identify your model.
Thank you.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Irene Schwall

I have been a collector of antique sewing tools and thimbles for over 30 years. I am also a dealer in this field and sell on eBay under the name -- serengeti2. I am NOT, and I repeat NOT an expert on antique or vintage domestic household sewing machines used for everyday home sewing. I can offer help when it comes to Toy or miniature collectible sewing machines ONLY.

See information provided above.

Thimble Collectors International
SCTC - Southern California Thimble Club
SDTC - San Diego Thimble Club
OTS - Ohio Thimble Seekers
Priscilla Nutmeggers - CT/MA/NH
Dorset Thimble Society - UK
Rund um den Fingerhut - Germany
Cyberthimble on Yahoo

I belong to Thimble Collectors International & I chair the committee 'Publishing/Grants' and oversee the research and publication of booklets relating to sewing tools and thimbles. I have also had articles published on needlework related topics.

See information provided above.