Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Slot Machine

Question
Front
Front  

Inside
Inside  
I am new to Slot machines and I believe I have a Bally 873 5 line. Can you verify with the attached pictures? I am in need of a repair manual. As you can see in the picture it lights but does not register the coins. When I manually move the wire at the coin slot I hear one of coils click in but that is all. I did read one of your responses to someone else and cleaned the connectors in the back of the reals and coin units. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Hi Frank,

I agree that this machine could be the Bally M-873 model but It looks to me that it has after market glass in it which is not all that uncommon, same game but casinos sometimes had the designed of the glass changed to fit their casinos design. It also looks very clean inside so it could of been rebuilt by some company in the past. I see in the photo that the insert coin light is on, when you insert the full 5 coins does the "insert coins" light go off? Oh, I see you say it does not register the coins, so try tripping (flick the coin switch wire) the coin switch wire under the coin mechanism 5 times, does this register and make the "insert Coins" light go off?

The Bally 2400 manual is the best of the original Bally manuals for these machines that Bally put out. There is another huge manual that is an after-market manual that is unsurpassed in photos and details of how these Bally Electro/Mechanical machines function and its like 250 pages with hundreds of photos. This manual will even show you how to get into that top box where the rest of the relays and steppers are located. I have this manual if that is something you're interested in, but you would have to email me at info@coinslots.com for this information. I'll give you the links to the other two manuals I suggested below as they are listed on the website. The 2400 manual is the perfect companion to the one above as it has the Bally part numbers and part names in it and it is faster to use being a factory service manual as it doesn't take the space like the one above to explain how it all operates. Here are the links:

http://www.coinslots.com/manuals/bally/
Once there look for these two manuals:

Bally Electro/Mechanical Manual Number 2400
This is about the best manual Bally ever made for the Electro/Mechanical machines, from the 700 Thu the 1000 model number series machines. Also has detailed stepper units for some of the models. Very good book, good for learning and troubleshooting with. 131 pages of great information

And this one:

Bally Electro/Mechanical Trouble Shooting Manual/Guide
This is great help for finding those problems with your Bally e/m slot machine

Also when it becomes time to sell your machine these items will help to sell it as people who don't know these machines want a service manual.

Thank You
Rodger Knutson
Http://www.coinslots.com

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson