Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Value of China Cabinet and Buffet

Pecan China Cabinet
Pecan China Cabinet  

Pecan Buffet
Pecan Buffet  
I have a Thomasville Pecan China Cabinet and Buffet. The back of the China Cabinet is stamped with "Copyright Thomasville Furniture Industries Inc 1964". They're both in very good condition.
The China Cabinet is one piece and measures 74 1/2" H X 50 3/4" L X 15 3/4" D. The inside of glass door has 2 long shelves. The middle 2 doors on the bottom section open to a drawer with 4 felt-lined sections and space below drawer. The far left and far right doors have no shelf inside.
The Buffet has some minor scratches on top. It measures 62"L X 32 3/8" H X 20 3/8" D. The Buffet right door opens to 1 shelf inside. The left door opens to a pull-out drawer on top with 3 felt-lined sections and space below this drawer.
I'd like to know what current market values are for both pieces.

I deal in antiques and know more about their market values.  However I did forward the pictures to a colleague who owns and operates an antiques mall.  They do handle this type of furniture when available.  Their pricing for the cabinet, retail and in shop, would be 675.  for the buffet the retail market value is 400.

hope this helps.  understand that insurance replacement value it higher and that location or selling venue will cause the price to fluctuate.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971