Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique bed

Question
Bed
Bed  
Bed
Bed  
QUESTION: We bought this bed at an auction for $455.  I don't know anything about it. I was told it was walnut antique revival or Victorian revival.  it is very heavy and stands about 7 feet tall at the headboard. it does have four little marks where different pieces connect together there's a mark at the top and then the mark at the bottom with two connectors also mark on the headboard inside and at the footboard It is just four slashes with the third/of slightly raised. I also have a matching dresser that has a marble top and a hidden drawer on the bottom there is also a matching nightstand with the marble top any information would be great. have additional photos if needed.

ANSWER: i would like to see more pictures and pictures of the matching washstand and dresser.  you may sent to my email or use the follow function here.

the marks you are referring  to, if i am reading correctly, are roman numeral marks showing what attaches to what and where.

did i read right that you paid 455$ for all three pieces??

need more pictures, full view of all sides and rails and all sides of other pieces.

if you email to me do the pictures as attachments to ONE email and include the original post

Side of bed
Side of bed  

Headboard
Headboard  
QUESTION: I did not see an email address to attach multiple pics. This email only allows 2 pictures. I bought the bed for 455. The dresser for 325 and the nightstand for 225.

Answer

You paid average to low for the night stand and got the rest for free!!!!

Hard to give a market value without seeing as this is very high end.
You will see similar forms at all price ranges, from 1500 for the three piece set to 60,000 for the set but there are many nuances and differences making the pricing as it is.

a reasonable estimate as to a fair market value would be 10-15,000$.

I cannot be certain but i would think there is a manufacturers label somewhere on this furniture.  under a drawer, inside, on the back....

it looks like it could be Mitchell and Rammelsberg, Brooks, Berkey and Gay, or Nelson Madder.  All built such items in the time slot , 1865-1880.

might i ask which auction and where you found this treasure?

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein