Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique buffet and cabinet

Hello I bought this beautiful set and I'm wanting to know how old it is who made it and what the market value is . I don't know anything about it just that it's old and beautiful . And additional information you might want to add will be helpful . Thank you

server and china cabnet from the 1920s.

walnut veneers for certain but cannot see the grain in smaller areas.

jacobean style, the legs are called reeded cup and cover.

these days this is referred to as colonial revival.

check carefully for a label for without a label no one can tell you who manufactured this out of the 5000 manufacturers in operation at the time.

what did your pay.  china cabinet and server should have been around 1000$ in a shop at minimun..

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971