Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique desk

Question
QUESTION: Hi, I bought an antique desk and know nothing about it. It has octangular lets with metal ball feet. The front folds down to make a desk with a leather top. It has a glass front piece that protects an embroidered fabric, looks like silk and the center is a couple. The back fabric is very detailed and has gold thread weaved in, which is discolored in some places. there is a side drawer with a secret second draw. The knob on the drawer appears to be bone. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

ANSWER: Hello Michele,

Thank you for your query.

Are you able to take photos of this desk?  It does not sound like it has anything to do with sewing but to be 100% sure, I'd need to see photos please.

You can attach photos to the AllExpert format.

Irene

Desk
Desk  
QUESTION: Hi, it will only let me attach one image at a time. It is not a sewing table.

Answer
Hello Michele,

I'm sorry but I am not able to assist you if the item has no connection to "sewing, needlework or the tools that go along with this."

Please resubmit your query to another expert and include the photo that you sent to me. Also include the dimensions along with  details about the cabinet.

Irene

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Irene Schwall