Collectibles-General (Antiques)/antique rocking chair

rocking chair front
rocking chair front  

rocking chair back
rocking chair back  
I know this chair is very old but I would like to know the year built, style and market value. The upholstery obviously is new.
thank you!!

chair was made around 1880.  It is a mix of style, eclectic, has touches of Hunzinger style and victorian style.   wood looks to be oak which is to be expected.

very nice rocker which i would price in my shop at 375 minimum. In a fancy shop, waxed, and recovered in period fabric, 650.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971