Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Ballys series E slot machine

Question
Hello Rodger,I recently picked up a Bally's series E three wheel slot machine...It appears to be an older model but I would love to know an exact manufacturing year if possible....the machine is in good condition cosmetically and functions properly.It it currently set up for tokens,but am curious what it took originally.Any info on this machine would be appreciated...thank you so much for your time and expertise.....Bally Manufacturing Corporation Series E model#E2090-34 serial #264

Answer
Hi Dustin,

Your model of Bally machine is called a Bally E series. The "E" stands for electronic meaning it has circuit boards. If you need any manuals for it, just look for anything that reads Bally E-Series on this web page:
http://www.coinslots.com/manuals/bally/

These, the E-Series were made from 1980 to 1987, to find out the day your machine came off the assembly line look at that tag under the handle that you got the model number from. Along the top edge of that metal tag, in the black area, you should see it has some hand stamped numbers on it. I think the numbers on the left is the month, numbers in the center is the day, and the numbers hand stamped to the right side, is the year your machine was made.

As for it being on tokens and wanting to convert it back to coins, this could be easy if you have an electronic coin compairtor instead of a mechanical coin acceptor. If your machine was a small coin machine in the first place and you want to convert it back to a small coin meaning: .01 or .05, or .10, or .25 cent. These are all small coin amounts, it could be easy. I could be sure if you want to send me some photos of the inside of the door showing the coin acceptor area, and of the inside of the coin hopper scoop showing the disk and shelf wheel that turns and dispenses the coins when you have a winner. If you want to know more about this, send the photo's to Rodger@coinslots.com
Thank You

Rodger Knutson
http://www.coinslots.com

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson