Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Buffet and cabinet

Question
Antique
Antique  
Hello I have these beautiful detailed antique buffet and cabinet and I would like to know if you could help me identify the maker how old they are and what that could be worth . Any additional information is appreciated . Thank you

Answer
Nicole - Your two cabinets are from the Depression era of the late 1920s top late 1930s. The style is part of the Colonial Revival period of American furniture when styles from our colonial past were reproduced. The style reproduced in your set is called Jacobean named for King James I of the early 17th century and revived for use in the Depression era of the early 20th century. The Latin term for James is Jacob. The style is readily identifiable by the large bulb turnings on the legs. It was popular in the American colonies in the late 17th and early 18th century.

The wood is mostly various types of walnut veneer and secondary wood solids. Without a maker's mark it is impossible to say who made the pieces. The china cabinet would sell at auction in the
$200-$250 range. The server would sell in the $75-$100 range.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor