Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Twin sized bed - no rails

Head/foot board
Head/foot board  

Please review the attached photos. It's an antique twin sized head and foot board manufactured at Landstrom Furniture (label attached). I would like to know the value in its current state, how to fix the scratches if possible, and what the value would be if they were fixed. Thank you very much for your time!!

As shown and without the original rails you will have to buy metal rails. bed would have a retail shop value of 375-475 after using colored paste furniture to hide the scratches and clean and brighten the bed.  Briwax is a good brand in the brown color.

bed is from 1910-20s. wood will be walnut veneer in the panels and probably sweet gum for the frame.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971