Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Acorn 1-cent gumball machine

Question
I recently purchased an Acorn 1-cent gumball machine.  I was wondering if the date on the sticker of a penny on the front of the glass is the manufacture date.  By the way, the date shown on the sticker is 1964.

Answer
I don't know of any way to pinpoint the date of manufacture. Oak Manufacturing Co began operations in about 1947 and has made many machines over the years. The date on the sticker
could be the date the sticker was made or when the machine was made. I'm not aware of any
serial numbers that were used by the company. Sorry I couldn't have been of more help.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Jack Freund