Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique bedroom set

Craig - photo 1
Craig - photo 1  
Craig - photo 2
Craig - photo 2  
QUESTION: Hi.  I have a antique bedroom set:  Dresser, vanity/desk, both with mirrors, full-size headboard and footboard, and nightstand.  Marked Williamsport Furniture Company.  I believe its from the 20s-30s.  Likely walnut (although maybe mahogany). Nice detail on the pieces, especially the mirrors.  Veneer is a little dried out in a few spots, but overall very good condition.  We are moving to a smaller home.  Any idea what this is worth and the quickest way to sell for a fair price?  Thank you!

ANSWER: both pieces would sell quicker without mirrors attached.

second picture
vanity could be sold as a vanity or a desk without mirror attached.
mirror 250
vanity 400

first picture
could be sold as credenza or demi lune side piece.   
mirror 250
demilune 450

other pieces i must see to give prices so please use thae followup function to post them

QUESTION: Hi... thank you.  Both mirrors can be easily removed.  Attached are photos of the nightstand and headboard/footboard.  I assumed selling it all as a set would be of interest to someone.  Thanks.

appears that some water has run down the footboard on the left side?
350 on the bed

slight wear on the top and base of the night stand.
65 on the night stand

yes as a set someone would be interested.  double size beds do hinder selling except for use in spare or guest bedrooms.

it is a nice looking set from 20s-40.  as you said.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971