Collectibles-General (Antiques)/antique wicker chairs

wicker rocking chair
wicker rocking chair  
wicker chair
wicker chair  
QUESTION: Hello, I have two wicker chairs that I think are antique, can you tell me anything about them?

ANSWER: we would call the rocker a lincoln style rocker.  the seat and back are cane.
cand seat and back lincoln style rocker from 1890

second chair is a cane seat dining chair.  1890

what did you want to know?

QUESTION: How much do you think I could see them for?  The one has holes in the cane the other is in pretty good condition.

to replace the cane would cost about 2$ per hole counting the holes in the wood around the outside of the back and seat.  close to 350$/400

that being said,

rocker 45-65
chair 30-45

condition is everything and single chairs do not sell for much.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971