Collectibles-General (Antiques)/bedroom suite

highback bed
highback bed  

dresser and washstand
dresser and washstand  
I also have this bedroom suite I was going to sell to make room for another one I have. What do you think a fair asking price would be and also age and anything else you may know. Thanks for your time and help. The bed is a full or regular size.

made around 1900

retail in shop price about 700
depends on condition
sturdiness, surface, drawers work well, bed tight when rails inserted, doors work well,
things like that are important.  surfaces can be cleaned up with furniture paste wax like Briwax.

what else did you want to know?

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971