Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Ducker trunk

We have a Drucker trunk with a pateint date of December 1900. The serial number is 2 sin 219. There is a shipping date of 1203-g Oakland Alameda County California.

Any information you can give us would be appreciated  

Thank you

Drucker trunk label
Drucker trunk label  
Hello Ronnie,

The Nathan Drucker trunk company of Cincinnati, Ohio had two patents awarded in Dec. 1900 and they were both related to the design of hardware items, specifically slat clamps. They used that hardware on many types or styles of trunks in the early 1900's, mostly canvas covered trunks with heavy hardwood slats. The serial number files are not available for the Drucker company, so I'm not able to look that up to tell you anything specific from that. I would have to see some pictures of your trunk in order to give any more information about your trunk since they made many models for many years. Drucker put labels on nearly all of their trunks while many other companies did not, so at least you know which company made it. All of the Drucker trunks I've seen have been well made trunks.  A copy of one of their labels is attached.   

Marvin Miller

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller

I can answer questions related to antique trunks, their age, manufacturers, styles, patents, etc, including all types of trunks such as steamer trunks, saratoga trunks, Victorian trunks, slat trunks, toy and doll trunks, stagecoach trunks, valises, hat trunks, and others.

I have over 40 years experience in trunk restoration, collecting, and research. I own the most extensive collection of historical documents, catalogs, maker's labels, cards, etc. related to antique trunks. I am always updating my inventory of historical documents and antique trunks.

Association of American Antique Trunk Restorers, President.

Primarily on the website Cotton & Quail Antiques newspaper (Southeast). Antique Journal magazine.

Bachelor of Arts from the University of Georgia. I have conducted extensive research related to the topic of trunk manufacturers and trunk styles in the U.S. and Europe.

Have consulted for the Pawn Stars TV show on antique trunks. I have sold antique trunks to museums in California and Florida and to customers around the world.