Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Frank and Sons chair

Question
Chair2
Chair2  

Chair4
Chair4  
I have this Frank and Sons chair with a 1 cent Dept of Labor Inspection stamp on the bottom.  The blue cloth looks original.  My sister told me to contact you and you could tell me some history and what the value might be.

Answer
Joe - Here is the history of Frank & Sons.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_talk:Companies_established_in_1863

Your chair is a side dining chair made of a secondary wood, probably gum or birch, stained to look like mahogany. The chair was made in the 1950s or later and it is doubtful the fabric is original with those staples in it.

The chair would sell at auction in the $25 range.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor