Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Knoxville tables

Knoxville tables wall or foyer table
Knoxville tables wall  
The dimensions on this table are 29" x 36" x 20.5". Are you able to tell me the estimated value please?

Heather - Your foyer table, identified as such by the height, is from the Depression era of the 1930s. It is made mostly of secondary wood, probably gum, although it may have a primary wood veneer such as walnut on the top surface. It was an inexpensive table when built, in keeping with the times. In today's market it would sell at auction for less than $50.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida