Collectibles-General (Antiques)/who made it

Im trying to get any info I can on this old guy. No identifying marks. Please help.

1913 Canvas covered trunks
1913 Canvas covered tr  
Most people are surprised to hear this, but there were hundreds of trunk companies in the US when this type trunk was made. By the style of the hardware and trunk, I can tell you that it was made sometime between the late 1890's to about 1920.  This type trunk was made for many years using the exact same hardware, which is all "generic", meaning it was available for use by all trunk makers. While some companies put metal or paper labels on most of their trunks, some did not put labels on their trunks, or they used tag labels or paper labels which are worn off or long gone. Many trunk companies sold all their trunks wholesale to retail luggage stores and did not put labels on their trunks. This trunk looks like it was originally covered with canvas, which was the most common type of trunk in the early 1900's. These trunks always had one or more trays inside and were lined in either paper or cloth.  Most likely this trunk was made sometime between 1900 to about 1915. I'm attaching pages from a 1913 trunk catalog which shows a couple similar trunks.  Some of these had long leather straps across the top while some models did not.  You can see some of the details they gave about these trunks. I hope that helps.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller

I can answer questions related to antique trunks, their age, manufacturers, styles, patents, etc, including all types of trunks such as steamer trunks, saratoga trunks, Victorian trunks, slat trunks, toy and doll trunks, stagecoach trunks, valises, hat trunks, and others.

I have over 40 years experience in trunk restoration, collecting, and research. I own the most extensive collection of historical documents, catalogs, maker's labels, cards, etc. related to antique trunks. I am always updating my inventory of historical documents and antique trunks.

Association of American Antique Trunk Restorers, President.

Primarily on the website Cotton & Quail Antiques newspaper (Southeast). Antique Journal magazine.

Bachelor of Arts from the University of Georgia. I have conducted extensive research related to the topic of trunk manufacturers and trunk styles in the U.S. and Europe.

Have consulted for the Pawn Stars TV show on antique trunks. I have sold antique trunks to museums in California and Florida and to customers around the world.