Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Old wall mirror

Close up
Close up  
Mirror size 26x18
Mirror size 26x18  
QUESTION: Picked up this mirror for $20 at a yard sale. Just wondering how hold. Inlays around the edge are actually plastic feeling.thanks for your time

ANSWER: use followup function and post picture of the back

Back of mirror
Back of mirror  

Back of mirror
Back of mirror  
QUESTION: Thanks for your responce Robert,here are the photos

the inlay you are referring to i will assume is the cove shaped band  with the diamond shaped pattern.  this is probably made from gesso, plaster of paris, and painted with a stencil.

the mirror appears to be 1900-1910

the fancy or burl panels should be walnut veneer as this is in the eastlake style.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971