Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Phoenix Chair Co Vanity Stool

Question
Phoenix Chair Co. stool
Phoenix Chair Co. stoo  

Phoenix Chair Co. Stamp
Phoenix Chair Co. Stam  
I have a round stool, 4 legs, padded, marked on the bottom as U.S. Phoenix Chair Co with a contract number and date. Cont no. W11-009 QM 70142  O.I. 5418-GS-46. Date is Jun 1947. It is in real good shape with I believe the original fabric with no stains, damage or obvious signs of wear. One leg has some small cracks on the inside of the leg. The finish isn't perfect but look nice.

Questions are:
1) Is this really a Phoenix Chair Co product? I read they closed in mid 1930s.
2) What would be a current market value? I plan to sell it.

I will attach two pictures, the markings under the seat and a overall one. I also have a pic of the seat which shows its condition if you want to see it.

Susan

Answer
They were purchased by Erwin and two others in 1911.  Acouple of other mergers by Irwin then in 1953 it was closed.  After the purchase in 1919 the Phoenix labeling was still used until 1953.

being mid century it would depend on the point or venue of sale as to the retail pricing.  a mid century sale would bring more than a general sale.

expect 50-85$

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein