Collectibles-General (Antiques)/rocking chair

four post rocker
four post rocker  

four post rocker
four post rocker  
I am trying to figure out age and value and possibly maker of this chair. It is a rocker, glider , swivel chair. Heavy wood. About 32" wide back and about 24" wide seat. Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.

too many manufacturers making this early American style in teh 1930-50 era to determine which one made it without a label.

most were maple in this style.

retail in a store in good clean condition and complete about 125$.  should have a pad on the seat and many came with a back cushion, not a thick one about a 2 inch one.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971