Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Value estimate

Inherited this piece from a relative and my uncle refinished. We'd like to sell but want to have an idea of its value and some history if possible.

this is the bottom half of an 1890-1900 oak sideboard.  

not knowing the condition i have to give a range of 350-650 for a retail price.

condition matters, drawers work smoothly, hardware all there, case tight and does not wiggle from side to side, things like that are important as is the color and smoothness of hte coating.

it is a nice piece, many people like sideboards without the top part to place todays tvs on.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971