Collectibles-General (Antiques)/William and Mary Style Table

Question
Table 2
Table 2  
Table
Table  
QUESTION: Hello,

I have a table (and chairs that don't match) that was given to me by my mother in law. In digging to find more information about it, I found a similar table that someone else asked you about -> http://en.allexperts.com/q/Collectibles-General-Antiques-682/2009/4/Old-dining-t

Anyhow, my table does not have any markings that I could find. I'm just wondering what it's worth.

thanks
Victoria

ANSWER: are there any leaves and is it sturdy

QUESTION: No leaves. She said that it did have a built in leaf but it was damaged beyond repair when she got it. Yes it's solid and sturdy.

Answer
table is from 1920s in the jacobean style.  wood on top will be walnut veneer, rest will be sweet gum stained to match.

in a retail setting the table without the chairs would , or should , sell at 650.  depends on how smooth and nice the finish is.

i can really say anything about the chairs since they are modern and not something i deal in or keep up with.

there were about 5000 manufacturers in the USA at the time so without a label there is no way anyone can tell you which manufactured this table.

thanks

oh, the built in leaf must have been one of the fold up type that came out when the table was opened.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein