Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Wood card table

Wood card table
Wood card table  
I got this from my Aunt. She told me it has 7 hard woods on top surface; probably the late 1930's--early 1940's is my guess; it is a hand-me-down and is in good condition, it has locking legs with a push button release; I could not find a stamed on the bottom. After reading Fred Taylor's answer to someone else I'm not sure if it is a Alder-Royal Card Table or not--much less the apox. value. Can you help me ?

without a label we cant know who made this.  i have seen another table like this also without a label but with a patent pending stamp on the metal leg swivel, again with no name.  AR tables did have a paper label but that is not to say it was lost or fell off.  the only way to be certain is to find a table identical with the label attached.

one on ebay has a picture of the label but does not show the label attached to the table so i believe that to be a fraudulent posting.

regardless of who made this is is 1930s and would sell in a shop, in good condition, at 200-250.

the wood i see is mahogany veneer, i cant see the four triangle pieces but if you use th followup function and post a picture using the followup function perhaps i can identify it as well.

the various mahogany panels were cut at different angles to the growth rings to expose the grain patterns you see.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971