Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Wood card table

Question
Wood card table
Wood card table  
I got this from my Aunt. She told me it has 7 hard woods on top surface; probably the late 1930's--early 1940's is my guess; it is a hand-me-down and is in good condition, it has locking legs with a push button release; I could not find a stamed on the bottom. After reading Fred Taylor's answer to someone else I'm not sure if it is a Alder-Royal Card Table or not--much less the apox. value. Can you help me ?

Answer
without a label we cant know who made this.  i have seen another table like this also without a label but with a patent pending stamp on the metal leg swivel, again with no name.  AR tables did have a paper label but that is not to say it was lost or fell off.  the only way to be certain is to find a table identical with the label attached.

one on ebay has a picture of the label but does not show the label attached to the table so i believe that to be a fraudulent posting.

regardless of who made this is is 1930s and would sell in a shop, in good condition, at 200-250.

the wood i see is mahogany veneer, i cant see the four triangle pieces but if you use th followup function and post a picture using the followup function perhaps i can identify it as well.

the various mahogany panels were cut at different angles to the growth rings to expose the grain patterns you see.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein