Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Hide a bed table

2nd bed
2nd bed  
I have table/bed I am interested in finding out if it has any value. Thank you in advance for your help

Margaret - Your "hide a bed table" is a 20th century Depression era (circa 1935) version of the late 19th century cabinet bed, often and mistakenly called a "Murphy" bed. Your cabinet bed has no antique value. Its value is more of that of a curiosity. A similar though nicer cabinet bed sold at auction in New Orleans in 2007 for $200.

I would expect yours to sell in the $100-$200 range.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida