Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Kingsley of Laporte Indiana Pair of Chairs

I have 2 chairs.  You gave an estimate of $150 in their current condition at the most.  Was that for the pair or each?  And thank you very much for all the help you have been.  I am having the wood touched up and the chairs recovered in a burgundy in the same material type.  What do you think the chairs would be worth each completely redone?

having the wood touched up and perhaps add a bit of color to it to give that old french faded walnut glow you see on many of this style then having a fabric done in the burgandy like you are doing will elevate the chairs to a retail of 750 each an added 675 to the as is price.  each.  understand that an insurance replacement value would be 2-2.5 times higher.

have the upholstery guy check the fastenings of the no sag springs.  they are notorious for coming loose and splitting the wood where they are attached to the frame.

great choices!

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971