Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Platform Rocking Chair

Question
Front of chair
Front of chair  

Side view
Side view  
I recently acquired this chair.  I believe it to be a platform rocking chair, but can't tell more about it.  It has one spring on each side.  It appears to have been partially restored as the metal braces on left and right are not identical, also there is a shadow pattern showing under both the right and left springs there was once a different lower spring mount.  The back is torn, but seems to be of the wrong material (i.e., plastic not the expected oil cloth) which implies that too was a replacement.  I can find no markings on it.  I will replace the torn back material. Is it possible to date this chair or assess a value when the torn material is replaced?  More pics are available.

Answer
this platform rocker is from the 1910-20 period.  fabric should be cloth or leatherette.

springs sound like they have been replaced.  some have one coil some have two coils up an two down.

i need to see a clear and infocus photo to go further.

use the followup function to repost clear, thanks

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein