Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Is my sewing machine have any value ?

I have a 1947 domestic sewing machine with oak cabinet with box of assorories and a handbook I would like to know if it can be a collectors item thank you

Hello Carmella,

Thank you for your query but I cannot be of assistance to you.  My expertise is in toy or miniature sewing machines, antique thimbles and needlework tools.  I do not deal or have knowledge about full-sized sewing machines or their value.

However, if you read back in my file, you will find links to websites that may be of assistance to you.

Kind regards,

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Irene Schwall

I have been a collector of antique sewing tools and thimbles for over 30 years. I am also a dealer in this field and sell on eBay under the name -- serengeti2. I am NOT, and I repeat NOT an expert on antique or vintage domestic household sewing machines used for everyday home sewing. I can offer help when it comes to Toy or miniature collectible sewing machines ONLY.

See information provided above.

Thimble Collectors International
SCTC - Southern California Thimble Club
SDTC - San Diego Thimble Club
OTS - Ohio Thimble Seekers
Priscilla Nutmeggers - CT/MA/NH
Dorset Thimble Society - UK
Rund um den Fingerhut - Germany
Cyberthimble on Yahoo

I belong to Thimble Collectors International & I chair the committee 'Publishing/Grants' and oversee the research and publication of booklets relating to sewing tools and thimbles. I have also had articles published on needlework related topics.

See information provided above.