Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Trunks

I cannot find any markings of any kind to identify this trunk. I believe it is made of copper on the top, front and sides. The bottom of the top is wood, and the back is wood. I hope the attachments will help you identify how old, or valuable this trunk is. I got it for free about 20 years ago at a garage sale.
Thank you for your time,
         Sincerely, Dana

This would not really be classified as a trunk, but is more of a decorative chest or box with pressed metal covering, probably thin brass or copper, and most likely from the 1940's to 60's. But the age is hard to determine on this from a couple pictures. But I am nearly positive that it is not an antique and is not a travel trunk, but it does have some value. I've seen a variety of similar items over the last 40 years that I've been dealing in old trunks and chests. Nearly all that I have seen were also from the mid 1900s or later. You can always take it to some antique dealers in your area to have them look it over and help with an estimate of the age and value. This type chest is usually in the $75 to $100 price range now in retail vintage shops.  I hope that helps.
Marvin Miller  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller

I can answer questions related to antique trunks, their age, manufacturers, styles, patents, etc, including all types of trunks such as steamer trunks, saratoga trunks, Victorian trunks, slat trunks, toy and doll trunks, stagecoach trunks, valises, hat trunks, and others.

I have over 40 years experience in trunk restoration, collecting, and research. I own the most extensive collection of historical documents, catalogs, maker's labels, cards, etc. related to antique trunks. I am always updating my inventory of historical documents and antique trunks.

Association of American Antique Trunk Restorers, President.

Primarily on the website Cotton & Quail Antiques newspaper (Southeast). Antique Journal magazine.

Bachelor of Arts from the University of Georgia. I have conducted extensive research related to the topic of trunk manufacturers and trunk styles in the U.S. and Europe.

Have consulted for the Pawn Stars TV show on antique trunks. I have sold antique trunks to museums in California and Florida and to customers around the world.