Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique Cabinet

Question
Antique cabinet/hutch 1
Antique cabinet/hutch  

Antique cabinet/hutch 2
Antique cabinet/hutch  
I recently acquired this cabinet/hutch from an estate sale. I'am really stumped, after spending three days browsing various web sites, I have not been able to come up with much about this cabinet/hutch. What I do know is that is is made by a company called Grand Rapids Chair Company out of Michigan. The drawer has one logo of the name, also when you open up the cabinet on the left side, there is also the company name, only with a different style logo. As you will see in the photo's I have attached to this question, there is hardware of an eagle on the drawer, which is were I found the date 1917. That is all that I can tell you. What I would like to know is this: what year it was made, and what would you value it at as far as condition,and desirability. Thank you so much for your time. Sincerely, Tressie Moreno

Answer
rarely can you pinpoint the exact year manufactured furniture was made.  styles changed but often the same item would be manufactured for 10-15 years with minor changes.

to say this was made around 1910-15 would be accurate but with the date on the hardware we know that this was made 1917-1920.

the form is desirable however ones with more glass are better sellers.  this would sell in a shop in my area for 450.

the style is a loose interpretation or transition of sheraton and hepplewhite.  we call this colonial revival these days.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein