Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique European Buffet & China Cabinet set value?

QUESTION: We got this set from family in Luxembourg back in the 1980s and all they could tell us is they think it is from the 1950s but no one is really sure. The buffet is 79" long 24" deep and the china cabinet is 48" x 22" and the top piece is moveable. The pieces are real  heavy and sturdy. We were hoping to get an idea of a sell value?

Pics attached

Thank you very much

ANSWER: probably from the 1930s in the art deco style.  cant say anything about the item not pictures but here the sideboard or buffet would sell at 450-550.

in the picture it appears to be mahogany veneer in the two doors but the center could be walnut veneer.

depends on where you are in Texas so i would check locally in antique malls and antique shops both ones that sell imports and American pieces.

china cabinet
china cabinet  
QUESTION: Here is the pic of the china cabinet....we're from Navarre but stationed in TX. Small world and thank you

this piece is more desirable and would sell at 750.

i guess 'howdy neighbor' is appropriate.  I you are around Dallas or Houston there will be many shops selling similar items, you can judge by those what it would sell for and know that you cannot get shop prices if you sell but that insurance replacement value is higher than retail market value.  also many shops in Jefferson.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971